Our litigation team is different from other law firms because we directly involve our most experienced litigators in every case, and we focus our practice on three areas: state and local government, labor and employment, and business litigation.
From construction matters to contract disputes, from civil rights cases to land use litigation, our litigators handle complex cases that frequently generate substantial public interest for state and local governments.
Our labor and employment attorneys exclusively represent employers in discrimination cases, unfair labor practice charges, arbitrations, and collective bargaining.
Our litigators handle breach of contract actions, shareholder derivative suits, labor and employment matters, and shareholder disputes for our private business clients.
By concentrating on these areas and involving our shareholders in every case, we provide our clients a level of attention that large firms cannot offer.
Examples of our litigation team in action:
- Representation of local governments in controversial bond validation actions
- Representation of local governments in various construction-related disputes, involving defect claims, delay claims and claims for extra compensation
- Representation of local government and private entities in labor and employment matters (management only)
- Representation of shareholders in shareholder derivative action
- Defense of local governments in public records and sunshine lawsuits
- Representation of municipality in action attacking referendum language
- Representation of international food distributor and international internet retailer in complex wage and hour matters
- Representation of local government in public sector whistleblower matter
- Representation of local government in First Amendment retaliation, national origin discrimination and negligent supervision matter
- Representation of local government in breach of contract action brought by financial advisor
- Representation of local government in civil rights actions involving claims of excessive force