The multi-office, multi-state law firm of Bryant Miller Olive seeks a talented Legal Assistant to help support its Government & Management Services practice group in our downtown Tampa office. This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in the legal field and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. We are willing to train the right candidate.
Responsibilities include assisting local government counsel in preparing form documents; client interaction; scheduling meetings; coordinating travel; processing time-entry and expense reports; and other duties as needed.
Qualifications include a minimum of two years’ experience in a law firm or, if no law firm experience, an A.A. degree The position requires:
• strong organizational skills,
• accurate and efficient straight typing and word processing skills with advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, including table making skills;
• ability to work independently or in a team-environment;
• excellent proof-reading and editing skills;
• effective and personable communication skills;
• meticulous attention to detail;
• ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and
• must present a polished and professional attitude, be a team player with a high energy level and be motivated.
We offer a very generous comprehensive benefit plan which includes, but is not limited to, employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, long-term care insurance and supplemental insurance options; generous paid-time-off plan; potential for year-end bonus and profit sharing; 401(k) with employer match; paid-parking; and a business-casual work environment.
Please forward your cover letter including salary requirements and resume in Word or PDF format. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you directly. No phone calls please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse work force.
Bryant Miller Olive